Sunday, August 19, 2012

Starts with skulls and lace...

Happy Sunday! It was such a beautiful weekend here, and it's an especially special weekend because it's both my hubby's birthday and our one-year wedding anniversary!

Alexander McQueen skull scarf

Elizabeth and James, Louis Vuitton Neverfull

For dinner earlier last week, I decided to branch out and reach for my skull scarf. This was an impulse purchase from Las Vegas a last year and really is more of the "edgier" pieces in my wardrobe. I'm loving how it contrasts with the lace top, and matches perfectly with the ruffled heels.  If it wasn't so delicate, I think this scarf would be worn much more often. For now, it's relegated to simple outfits to avoid snags and pulls in the silk.

Alexander McQueen skull scarf

We came upon these adorable lanterns set up at the Shoppes at Don Mills. For those who've been to The Grove in Los Angeles - the mall reminds me a bit of that. We don't get many months of warm weather there, so any chance to mix fresh air and shopping - I'm in!

Hope you're spending the weekend relaxing and enjoying time with loved ones!

Alexander McQueen skull scarf, Louis Vuitton Neverful, Elizabeth and James

Top: Aritzia 
Bottom: J Brand
Shoes: Elizabeth and James (old)
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Sunglasses: D&G
Jewellery: Hermes, Tag Heuer