Thursday, October 24, 2013

Starts with Black and White...

Happy Thursday! Doesn't it seem like the cold weather just crept up and surprised us?

Despite the colourful leaves outside, something about Fall evokes images of monochrome ensembles for me - maybe it's because I'm a summer girl at heart, and winter always feels gloomy and grey.

On the bright side however, the great thing about a monochrome ensemble is the freedom to play with patterns and textures. This also helps elevate the outfit and prevent it from being too flat.


For a friend's engagement party last weekend, I layered a soft patterned silk shirt underneath a leather-trimmed cape. Cropped trousers and a croc-print clutch helped further tie the pieces together.



My trick to monochrome dressing is to add subtle pops of colour to provide visual interest. For this evening, I chose a sparkly neon-accented necklace and my trusty cobalt pumps (I seriously can't get enough of these!).


It's been a while since my last post, but I hope you're doing well! I'm really trying to not let work take over so much :)

Have a great day!

 photo Oct20-5_zps77484cfe.jpg photo Oct20-6_zps677b95dd.jpg

Top: Joe Fresh shirt (available here), Barney's Co-op cape (old)
Bottom: Gap
Shoes: Zara
Clutch: Danier
Necklace: J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment