Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Starts with a contrast collar...

My love for a standout statement necklace is no secret.  But what about a statement collar? More subtle and lighter than bejewelled collars of seasons past, a simple contrasting border is nonetheless eye-catching and memorable.

Spring fashion, spring collars, J.Crew, Gap, Fendi baguette, single strap sandal

I paired this top with neutral colours to really let the collar pop. I also brought out my not-quite-vintage (but still decade-old) Fendi baguette. This well-loved piece was one of my first handbag purchases, and despite an unfortunate scratch on the leather, is still beautiful to me. 

 Spring fashion, spring collars, J.Crew, Gap, Fendi baguette, single strap sandal Spring fashion, spring collars, J.Crew, Gap, Fendi baguette, single strap sandal

Spring fashion, spring collars, J.Crew, Gap, Fendi baguette, single strap sandal

Do you have a special piece in your collection that you've held onto over the years? If so, tell me about it!

Spring fashion, spring collars, J.Crew, Gap, Fendi baguette, single strap sandal

Top: J.Crew Factory blouse (sold out, simliar here), Gap cardigan
Bottom: Gap
Shoes: Elie Tahari
Bag: Fendi (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment